If you have gotten a medical marijuana card in Arizona in the past, you might be up for a renewal soon! Let’s go over some important points before you go to your next medical marijuana card renewal appointment.
Medical marijuana patients, otherwise officially known by the state as Arizona Medical Marijuana Program Registry Identification Cardholders, must renew their cards annually. If you are a cannabis patient and don’t want any interruptions in your treatment, you need to be aware when your Arizona marijuana card expires. You are allowed to renew your marijuana card up to 90 days BEFORE your card expires to ensure that your cannabis certification stays valid through the whole process.
For your annual medical marijuana card renewal, you will need similar documents to those that were required when you first received your marijuana card. The documents you will need to submit to your certification clinic include the following:
- A current and valid physician certification that confirms that you are currently suffering from a condition that is deemed treatable with cannabis by the Arizona state government
- A current copy of a government ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- A new signed and dated Patient Attestation Form
- A new current photograph (which they often can take at the clinic)
- Any current documentation of your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility to see if you are eligible for the state-allowed discount (Optional)
Be prepared to pay the same amount for your renewal as you did to get your medical marijuana card in Arizona in the first place. To refresh your memory, a qualifying patient application costs $150 plus any extraneous certification clinic costs unless you are eligible for the SNAP discount. If you are eligible for this discount, the qualifying patient application only costs $75 plus any extra fees.
If you have any more questions about getting your Arizona marijuana card or are up for your next medical marijuana card renewal, please contact us at Affordable Evaluations of Arizona, we are happy to help you!